COVID-19 Visitation Update
Dear Residents and Families,
UPDATE ON CHRISTMAS VISITS
Further to my previous letter (dated 21 December) I am pleased to share with you the latest advice received from NSW Health regarding visiting Residential Aged Care Services (effective Thursday 24 December, 2020) and the guidelines St Agnes’ Care and Lifestyle is putting in place to meet these requirements to keep residents and staff safe through the festive season.
NSW Health advises there are no restrictions on weather people from regional NSW can visit residents living in regional Aged Care facilities. There are, however, some conditions (outlined below) we must all adhere to ensure we maintain COVID safe practices.
- may take place between 10am-4pm weekdays and 10am-3pm on weekends and Public Holidays
- must be conducted in a designated area or in the resident’s room. Visits cannot be in communal areas. There is no restriction on the length of the visits.
- enter and exit our services through one entry point
- sign in before entering and undertake screening, which will include:
- Name, Address and contact number/ QR Code
- Temperature screening
- Confirmation visitors have not been overseas in the last 14 days
- Confirmation visitors have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or in a hot spot for the last 14 days
- Confirmation visitors have no COVID-19 or influenza-like symptoms
- use hand sanitising stations on entry.
- follow physical distancing guidelines during visits.
- always supervise children under 16 years of age.
- a maximum of two visitors from Greater Sydney (excluding those from the Northern Beaches local government area or any hotspots identified hotspots on the NSW Health website Beaches LGA) are permitted to visit residents in residential aged care facilities in regional NSW.
NSW Health has asked that ‘if visits can be delayed and a later festive gathering organised’ that we encourage you to do so.
If residents are leaving the facility to visit friends and relatives a risk assessment screening will be undertaken by staff, regarding the place to be visited and the people who will be present, as a further precautionary measure.
All the best for a wonderful Festive Season.
General Manager, Care & Community Services
St Agnes’ Care & Lifestyle
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Respite Care St Agnes' Food Services Donnelly House