The residents of St Agnes’ Care & Lifestyle’s Lourdes and St Agnes’ Independent Living Villages are a talented bunch, as evidenced by their inaugural Art & Craft Exhibition, ‘Our Divine Inspiration’, held at the Tenison Woods Centre in Lochinvar Place from 1-3 June 2023.
More than 200 people attended over the three-day exhibition, which displayed the creative efforts of 30 residents from both Lourdes and St Agnes’ Villages. The exhibition space was full of colour with a cornucopia of delightful arts and crafts, some of which were purchased by those attending.
The Exhibition, officially opened by Father Paul Gooley, Parish Priest of St Agnes’ Catholic Parish on Thursday morning, featured:
- paintings (acrylics, oils, and watercolours),
- woodwork (carvings and toys),
- tapestry (quilts and wall hangings),
- card making,
- crochet and knitted items,
- beading and sewing,
- wall hangings made from natural items (dried flowers, leaves, palm fronds)
- a demonstration of a 3D printer
- calligraphy and photography
- a display of published books by some talented residents, and poetry readings.
Visitors voiced their enjoyment of the exhibition through such comments in the visitors book as: “So many talented creative people-awesome!” and “Wonderful pieces of work, such variety”.
Jody Munro, Acting Village Manager said, “The event was a great social and bonding experience for residents as they met other residents they had not met before, from their own Village as well as from their other Village”.
The St Agnes’ Village and Lourdes Village Social Committees served morning tea at the opening (catered by St Agnes’ Food Services), which was much appreciated by the organisers.