Just as the Care & Lifestyle staff are doing everything they can to keep residents and COVID safe, Bronwyn Chalker (General Manager, St Agnes’ Care & Lifestyle), proudly, says the team is also doing their very best to keep residents’ spirits high. With coordination, cooperation and planning so much is possible, even in COVID times! Here are some wonderful examples of what has been done:
- St Agnes’ House resident, Reg Hill’s smile says it all! Here he enjoys a COVID safe birthday celebration outdoors with daughter Sandra beside him and family from Cairns and Sydney on the other side of the fence! With coordination, cooperation and planning so much is possible, even in COVID times!
- To keep residents’ minds active and to distract from COVID-19 restrictions, the Parish more than 50 general and special interest magazines and puzzle books to Maryknoll, Mt Carmel and St Agnes’ House were dropped off to the site by Steve Bryant.
- Staff at St Agnes’ House went around with an ‘ice-cream cart’, playing Greensleeves.
- Craft mornings were held for residents
- The St Agnes’ House budgies still had to be fed and looked after